Serving as a committee chair or co-chair—or contributing time and skills as a committee member—is an excellent way to gain experience in leadership and building effective teams. ABWA NYC offers opportunities for any member to contribute in an area of interest to them. In addition to furthering their own professional growth, committee members help enrich the experience for all who attend ABWA NYC’s meetings and events.
The primary function of this committee is to serve as a liaison between the Chapter and the Stephen Bufton Memorial Educational Fund. The duties of the Education Committee include:
- Manage the details related to Impact Scholarships, including developing non-discriminatory and legal eligibility requirements and guidelines.
- Conduct outreach to schools to publicize the SBMEF and encourage students to apply.
- Report status on initiatives to the Chapter’s Executive Board
- Provide end-of-year written summary of activities and accomplishments to the Executive Board for inclusion in the Best Practices notebook
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding education.
This committee helps to provide relevant programming for each monthly Chapter meeting. The duties of this committee include:
Conduct member surveys
- Secure programming within the budgetary guidelines defined by the Executive Board
- Communicate with the Newsletter and Publicity chairs for publication and marketing of events
- communicate room set-up and A/V requirements tVice President
- Keep members apprised of various professional development opportunities
Please contact email@example.com with any questions regarding professional development.
The members of this committee are responsible for identifying and recommending opportunities that generate revenue for the Chapter treasury. Once annual projects are approved, the committee shall act to create and implement their revenue generating plan. The committee shall be responsible for monitoring progress and providing status reports to the Executive Board.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding fundraising.
The primary function of this committee is to work with the vice president to maintain the strength and vitality of the Chapter. The committee’s goal is to organize and implement two membership recruitment campaigns each year (fall and spring) that will attract new members and/or reactivate former ABWA members.
For the 2015-2016 year the membership committee aims to triple membership. Strategy to achieve this includes
- event follow up
- collaboration with social committe
- member incentive
- education about membership benefit
- member recognitio
- new member ceremony
Please contact email@example.com with any questions regarding membership.